Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hampton Court Flower Show

I am not there again. Every year I promise to get myself there but things defeat me. Interesting tv coverage though... concept gardens are fascinating but again worth picking up ideas from the sustainable garden project. A HUGE site.

I loved the water chain and I am wondering how I can apply that out here in Murcia. It's a way of a large chain taking water off a roof garden and the overflow drips down into an interesting reservoir and then the chain reaches down to the earth and just gets absorbed into the ground.

Plants are very structural and generally can look after themselves whatever the weather. In fact if I hadnt known better these could have been gardens in the Levante Spain - have a look at the next item.

http://suevista.blogspot.com/2009/07/three-examples-of-structural-cacti-in.html

No comments: