Friday, November 21, 2008

Ecology and Combatting climate change


Despite my love of growing and watching, tasting and cooking, the weather is now a major factor in the plans of the garden and gardener, My garden and My gardening. What used to grow in one place in England for instance may now fail but will grow further north or mainland European plants are likely to fare well, say, in the south of England. I had already had to change the type of bean I was growing before I left England for this apparently semi arid piece of Spain. Hard to believe
. We need to really get our heads around this and get busy exchanging information and advice. What's working where? How can you improve your garden's chances? So I hope there will be a certain amount of exchange of information and advice on the blog - what tricks does each EU country have to teach the others? Well let's see.... I read this interesting stuff about Madeira gardeners and their propogatting methods. Wait for the next entry





No comments: