Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Garden and I


Exchange of ideas how to...

At the moment I am experimenting with amaryllis seed that I was given by another English gardener in Murcia. I got some info off the web about how to get this to germinate – and it has! Stage Two commences ... fascinating. I have now got several of my amaryllis seeds germinated and up to one leaf at 2inches (50cms). Now can I have the patience to keep this going for 3 or four years? As I read my way along, my plants will need four leaves before it will flower. Amaryllis seem to flower in open gardens here. And that is what I am aiming for.

Dried corms in pots need to be planted in a sandy based soil and will need some heat from the base in order for it to get going.


December 2008... I have one plant with two leaves.

No comments: