Thursday, November 13, 2008

Intro

I once read a book called The 3000 mile Garden” This was about a long distance friendship between two people and described in detail how their gardens were changing by season by year and so on। There was a romantic bit of me that thought I could base my newly found fraternal relationship on something very similar as we both seemed to like gardens but we were coming at it from very different perspectives. All the same I can see that gardens and gardening is a form of communication that transcends borders and I seem to have an enormous amount of friends who are gardeners because they love being in the garden, the physical activity of gardening or because they wish to create a personal space which is colourful, mood altering , peaceful. Funky, an extension to the home. The northern Europeans have been at it for a very long time and so for that matter have the Moors which I have discussed in other places...... I also seem to have a number of friends who are involved professionally in some aspect of gardens and gardening from a whole plethora of perspectives. I also note how much money is now spent on gardens per individual family.



No comments: